A couple of weeks ago baby Beau turned 1! This year has gone incredibly fast and I'm not sure how we arrived back at December so quickly!
I did a cake smash photo session for him the weekend before his birthday. He dived straight in with his hands but took quite awhile to actually eat some! My sister ended up putting some in his mouth and once he tasted it, he loved it. We let his big brother's join him for some cake once I'd taken some photos...he growled at them when they were eating it!
We had a joint party for Beau and Mr 4, which he spent in someone's arms the whole time (I have a blog post with more photos coming soon). He seemed a bit tired and not himself so enjoyed the extra cuddles. And did have some more cake too!
On his actual birthday we had playgroup and then opened presents once hubby and Mr 6 were home in the afternoon. I did a pancake stack as his "cake" since we'd had so much cake recently! I'm not sure he was too impressed with that though, but he did end up eating some (plain!) pancake...his brother's had the chocolate covered one to share .
At 1 year old:
- he crawls around everywhere and is into everything. He moves with 1 leg slightly up (did start by crawling normally but moved to this version pretty quick!)
- loves the Tupperware cupboard and pulling everything out
- can pull himself up to stand
- has stood for a few seconds by himself but then freaks out
- loves to clap his hands and play "peekaboo" (which consists of him putting his hands on his head, and also hiding behind the curtains)
- loves mango, watermelon, mac and cheese, avo & banana
- babbles "mumma", "dadda"
- usually 1 good nap during the day if at home, still wakes a lot at night
Happy first birthday, baby boy. You have brought such joy to our family. We all love you very much!